Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Water colors

Good morning!
On Saturday the kids wanted to paint with watercolors and I took the opportunity to do some painting myself. When my monocolored paintings had dried I punched out circles and used them on two 1-photo layouts.
 
This first is a sun rise photo from the harbor with four mallards swimming towards the camera making lovely wave interferens patterns on the surface. My first intention was to make the title reflect on that interferens pattern but my fantasy didn't work in that direction. Instead I choose "andrum" which means "respite" / "breathing space" but it is also a play with words because the Swedish word for mallard is "and" and "rum" means "room", so "mallard room". It stuck and I couldn't figure out anything better.  
 
I extended the horizon with a stripe of black cardstock and softened the edge with washi tape. I doodled around the circles and added some bows.
 
 
My sisters in law have a dog. His name is Kjell. When we all met up on Boxing Day he got a new dog sweater and I just had to take a photo. I think he looks a bit miserable, it's a dog's life :)
 
I made the next background with water color circles using up what was left of a sticker package from Hot of the Press. Love the steampunk look!
 
 
Have a nice day!
//Åsa 
 

2 comments: