Monday, November 11, 2013

Holding on to summer

Hello & Happy Monday! I hope you've had a lovely weekend! I was home with the kids while hubby had taken his miniatures and gone to a long planned competition in a town a couple of hours drive north from here. It was hard work keeping the kids busy and happy. I wish the weather had been better. Needless to say, I got no scrapbooking done at all. Now I'm longing to go through my stuff again and have some fun with all the new stuff I've bought!

Today I'm sharing two layouts I made last weekend. This first is with a photo and a story of my son. He was making faces and funny sounds when we were on our way home from the beach and he "demanded", in a 2-year-old's kind of way, to have some chewing gum. I've used papers and cardstock stickers from Simple Stories' I {heart} Summer collection and bits and pieces from my stash. The background is kraft cardstock.
 
 
For these beach photos I used The Pier again. I also added some frames that I'd made myself. To give the title color some extra legitimacy I added the same paper sticking out from under the other papers in three different spots. The photo of the layout is a bit dark, at least on my screen.
 
 
Hubby won first price in the painting part of the competition and I'm so proud of him! It is such a sweet reward and it proves that all his hard work and studies has paid off in skill and awesome result! My hubby is my art role model!
 
 
 
Have a nice week! Hugs!
//Åsa

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your hubby. Loved your pages, that first one totally made me laugh..so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creativity with your layouts. Congrats to your husband on his win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the layouts, can't get enough of the Crate Paper!

    ReplyDelete