Thursday, June 20, 2013

Single & double

Good morning!
I had time and a little bit of energy left yesterday evening so I sat down by the desk and took care of a couple of already planned layouts. The first has three photos of my son sitting on the porch "reading" a magazine. In my pile of papers I had no news print paper but I found this vintage ephemera paper which I cut apart and layered behind the photo block. I used a darker blue cardstock piece as a foundation for the main block. I used up the last white color in my Uniball Signo pen *sob*. I got a smaller piece of that blue cardstock left and divided it to be the foundatin for two smaller clusters of embellishments. I decided on a green washi and some retro chip board I got from a pen friend a while ago. I added some smash sticky notes, enamel dots and acrylic paint splash in a couple of colors. I'm pleased with the result, I just love the photos!

 

Then I took out the photos from my daughter's dance recital in May and decided to make it a two-page layout. I used a green soft patterned paper and a paper called "Soiree" from House of Three, it has the text on one page and the green polka on pink on the other side. I added doilies, washi and paper flowers that I had misted with my Liquitex inks. I added doilies, washi and paper flowers that I had misted with my Liquitex inks. I found some bling clusters that I had recieved from a penfriend and I thought they fit the color scheme. In hindsight I wish I had cut apart the bling clusters and added them sticking out from my other embellishments clusters but that is too late now. I added Thickers as title, some journaling and last, but not least I drew frames in the empty white spaces.

Here is the left page:

 

And here is the right side:


Side by side they look like this! I'm sorry about the glare.


This week has not been as creative and/or productive as I was hoping. I don't feel very good about that but I haven't had much choice. Today is my last day at work before three weeks of summer vacation. Tomorrow is Midsummer Eve and the weather is... how shall I put it... soaking wet and then some! It is unfortunate ofcourse and I feel sorry for the kids at day care who were going to celebrate there and had already picked flowers for the midsummer pole and wreaths yesterday. Hopefully it will get better after lunch.

I hope I'll be able to scrapbook some during the vacation evenings we spend at home and I will update here as soon as I have something to show you! Have a wonderful Midsummer and may the lovely weather be with us all!

Hugs!
//Åsa

5 comments:

  1. I like how you tucked the embellishments behind the photo on the first page and the bit of sparkle you added to the second. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like the hand drawn frames on the double page layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING that first page, the layers GREAT!! The second layout is very pretty too :)

    Here's hoping you have good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej, Åsa och glad Midsommar!

    My, you've been busy! I also really love your Tidningar page - the vintage cut apart papers are perfect layered up behind the photos (a look I always love).

    ReplyDelete