Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grand Finale!

Hello!
Have you missed me? I have certainly missed you! I've not updated since Thursday and that is almost a week ago! I have been using my free time and my slow time at work for letter writing this week and I've managed to write three long letters so I'm happy with that. Yeah, I am a pen pal and I've been one for 25 years now so that is also important to me. But now I needed to do some scrapbooking especially since I was sooo close to the goal of 50 layouts! 

First I want to show you what I did with those layouts that I made last week that didn't feel ready. This is #46 and it had a nasty empty space above the "j" in the title and I fixed that by adding a sticker on foam tape and it made alot of difference.

 

Here is #47. I added soem washi and text stickers to bring out more of the red tones and to make a diagonal path for the eye over the page.


This background paper from Hot off the Press and this wonderful photo of me and my son have been stuck together in a page protector in my cabinet for a very long time and I can't even remember what I had planned when I first put them together. Now I felt I needed to get it done and I started looking at the combination and searching for special things to emphazise. The thing that I kept coming back to was the blue in our eyes and in my son's sweater. I decided it was time for some embroidering and I took out blue thread, drew the word Love with pencil, pierced holes along the line and started sewing. It took some time but alot less than I had expected before I started. I added text stickers to form a border to the right and that is it. This is #48.

 

Next project is a 3-page layout. I will count it as one project because it is really not scrapbooking. I haven't added one single embellishment, no patterned papers or anything really it is just 16 photos that desperately needed to get into our album. I took these in our apartment when we just had bought our house and the apartment was out for sale, back in 2010.

  
 
 

And now...*drum roll*...No.50!!! The two photos are from fall 2012 and I've used a background paper and a large titel card from Simple Stories Harvest Lane collection. I also added lots of journaling cards from my stash, fabric labels, a flair, felt flowers and enamel dots.



Yeah! I have finished the challenge! So what happens now? I'll replenish my stash of current embellishment and then start all over again! I will bring out the papers I bought earlier in May, I will spend about 750 SEK (about US $100) on embellishments (no papers) and then make 50 more layouts. Do I need to spend that much money to do 50 more layouts? No. Do I want to? Yes.

In my next post I will show you what I have bought and then it's scrappin' time again!!

Tomorrow it's National Day in Sweden so we are off from work. We are hoping for nice weather so we can be out doors. Take care and see you soon!

//Åsa

1 comment:

  1. Wow congrats on finishing 50 layouts. Love the big LOVE stitched title :)

    ReplyDelete